Monday 13 August 2012

My Day of Excellence by Ili

L.I: I am learning to write a recount on the day I achieved excellence.

My day of excellence started during the holidays when I cleaned up the whole house and made dinner for my family.
I had to clean the house because my parents were away for almost 3 days, they were away because of family business. My big brother took my little brother to rugby training while my sister had to go netball training. Sitting there on the couch wondering what shall I do, I figured that I should clean the house because my parents will be coming home and my siblings will be tired, and no one would have the energy to come home and clean the house as they will be tired.

Moving all the furniture around I started up the vacuum cleaner, it made a very loud sound it felt like I was in a tornado. Moving all the furnitures, there was a lot of dust I started to scream as I saw a rat ran across the living room. I got the trap for the rat and waited after 10 minutes I heard the rat squeal and I know it was time to burn it up and never see it again. I went back inside and cleaned all the rooms, AHHAR!!! I finally finished now all was left was to put everything properly in the room,to bring all the mats and put it in the living room. I sat down and rested for a while.I heard my mum and dad's car I knew at that moment I had put everything properly and make my parents be proud of me.

My sister and brother arrived back home and feeling so lazy they didn't even speak but went to the room and layed down. My parents were surprised at the house been so clean. Evening came, I went to the park to play for a while and saw some of my friends, returning back home I felt tired so I had a bath and wandered off to my room with nothing to do. I waited anxiously at the table while drinking tea, and I thought why don't I make dinner as half of my family including my parents were tired. I seyyed of putting all the plates out and I cooked pasta, off I went cooking away it almost felt like I was in the kids master chief. I served up the plates and put out the drinks, I called out "Dinner is ready" all I could hear was stomping growing louder and louder.

Sitting down on the table we said our prayers to GOD and off we went eating away, My mum was very happy with me and said that she was going to buy me something, My dad was really happy with me and trusted me in staying by my own and said that I used my common sense really well.
In this holiday I learnt that wherever I go I will always use my common sense and remember that what ever I do I have to do it with care.
I think this would have to be the best day ever because no only I made my family proud but I also made my parents proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.